Website Knoebel Construction
Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations and works with all project staff. The basic job function is to provide best-in-class service to our clients by excelling in quality standards, timeliness of the project completion, and unsurpassed value.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Project Manager are summarized as follows:
- Nurture and cultivate Client and Subcontractor relationships.
- Adhere to and manage projects to meet the Client’s Critical Success Factors.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with client as needed.
- Participate in project hand-off meeting with Pre-Construction Team.
- Review plans and specification to have clear understanding of the project and its requirements.
- Participate in project review meeting with Superintendent.
- Participate in project kick-off meeting with superintendent, project team, and subcontractors.
- Prepare quantity estimate ‘take-offs’ for material purchases.
- Manage subcontract negotiations to ensure full project scope is included and profit margins are exceeded.
- Prepare construction schedule as update weekly for distribution to project team.
- Assist with utility set-up as requested by Project Manager.
- Ensure superintendent is managing quality compliance of project finishes.
- Ensure superintendent is managing safety compliance.
- Ensure superintendent is monitoring and documenting the Stormwater Pollution Preventive Plan (SWPPP)
- Provide weekly updates of progress to client.
- Attend and participate in owner required site meetings.
- Assist/prepare project Requests for Information (RFI) submittals.
- Assist/prepare project submittals. Document and track progress.
- Assist with management of all change order issues with both subcontractor’s and clients.
- Assist with review of subcontractor invoicing. Assist accounting dept. with monthly client invoicing.
- Ensure quality standards are met and exceed client’s expectations.
- Monitor implementation of site-specific safety program and subcontractor compliance.
- Participate or conduct pre-punch walk-through as requested.
- Assist Accounting and Project Coordinator as requested.
- Establish and manage completion final punch list provided to client.
- Obtain Certificate of Substantial Completion from client. (same date as final inspections).
- Assist with finalizing all subcontractor invoices, change orders, and closeout requirements.
- Assist with collection of final warranties, closeout manuals, as-builts, and final lien waivers.
- Assist with preliminary budget exercises as requested.
- Attend industry functions as requested.