Website Knoebel Construction
We Build Customer Experience
Accounting Coordinator Job Description
Knoebel Construction is seeking an experienced full-time Accounting Coordinator. Knoebel Construction, Inc. is a Chesterfield, MO based General Contractor rated 19th largest GC of St. Louis in 2020 with forty years’ experience in commercial construction, retail center development, retail, restaurant, and multi-use construction.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of commercial construction accounting preferably experienced with Vista by Viewpoint construction accounting software. We are looking for a confident, detail-oriented accounting professional who excels at multitasking. The Accounting Coordinator will work with the Accounting department as well as Operations and Project Management, and external parties, such as vendors and Subcontractors. Duties include the performance of accounting and clerical tasks for the maintenance and processing of accounting transactions and related compliance aspects.
Accounting Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Represent the company at all times in a positive and professional manner to enhance the company’s image with current and prospective clients as well as trade partners and vendors.
- Promptly responding to vendor inquiries (by phone and email) in a polite manner.
- Monitor accounting entries to ensure accurate and timely posting by Operations and Project Management.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data to verify entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Reconcile AP Aging reports against Vendor Statements, including corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries concerning payment, invoice issues and credits.
- Process transactions in compliance with accounting policies and procedures for trade partner payment applications, material invoices, and G&A expenses.
- Maintain and reconcile credit card statements while ensuring payment deadline for maximum reward rebate.
- Prepare reports as requested by Accounting lead.
- Assisting with tax preparation, audits, and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties, including clients, suppliers, and lenders.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, supporting schedules, annual budgets, tax and audit schedules and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate timely and accurate month-end close while ensuring adherence to schedules, deadlines and budgets.
- Using bookkeeping software and entering information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Perform additional duties as directed by CFO.
Accounting Coordinator Requirements:
- 3+ years of Construction Accounting experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in general construction accounting software (Vista by Viewpoint); Intermediate use of Microsoft package to include Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills with customer service orientation and negation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to read and understand various AP and JC reports in order to resolve any discrepancies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, vendors, suppliers.
- Ability to work daily during specified business hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation.